Project Management & CPM Scheduling Best Practices
Training for Design & Construction Professionals
Monday May 16, 2016
Overview & Benefits
Improve your professional skills to evaluate, communicate, and negotiate with stakeholders. This workshop will strengthen your understanding of CPM Scheduling and related industry practices. It will help contractors prepare and maintain better schedules, and owners and A/E’s review and monitor contractors’ schedules. The result will be earlier completion, fewer delays and disputes, higher contractor profits, and happier owners.
Who Should Attend
Executives, Developers, Project Managers, Architects, Engineers, Schedulers, Cost Consultants, Estimators, Project Control Specialists, Value Engineers, Educators, and anyone responsible for evaluating project performance.
Blake Marchand, Vice President & Senior Project Manager, manages estimating and scheduling services for Pinnell Busch. Blake is a Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) and Certified Cost Professional (CCP) with expertise in project controls, critical path scheduling, cost estimating, earned value analysis, and progress tracking/reporting. He has worked for both public agencies and private developers, and has managed many diverse construction projects helping bring them in on time and on budget.
Jason Goodrich, Scheduling Manager & Project Manager, is responsible for scheduling services with Fortis Construction. Jason has been working with general contractors in the construction industry for over 20 years and has managed many complex and diverse projects. He is a planning and scheduling expert who specializes in pull planning, critical path scheduling, progress tracking, and reporting.
25425 SW 95th Ave.
Wilsonville, OR 97070
Morning – 8 AM to 12 PM
• Planning & Scheduling Overview
• Benefits & Common Perspectives
• CPM Scheduling Terminology
• Elements of Time & Legal Aspects
• Network Diagram Techniques
• Scheduling Specifications
• Baseline Schedule Development
• Updating the Schedule
• Preparing CPM Fragnets
Afternoon – 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
• Classification Systems & Level of Detail
• Backward & Forward Pass Calculations
• Record Keeping Best Practices
• Baseline Schedule Review
• Delay Classifications
• Evaluating the Critical Path
• Change Management Recommendations
• Time Impact Analysis
• Claims Avoidance & Dispute Resolution
General Registration: $160.00 *
AGC Members: $105.00
Continental breakfast and catered lunch included.
Mail checks to: Pinnell Busch, Inc.
6420 SW Macadam Avenue, Suite 330
Portland, OR 97239
* $15.00 discount off general registration price for either of the following:
1. Early registration by April 15, 2016
2. Multiple-attendee for registering four or more people
RSVP, Registration & Questions
Please contact Tien Luong at:
email@example.com or (503) 293-6280
Please contact us for other training services on CPM Scheduling, Project Management, Dispute Avoidance, Project Controls and Contract Administration.