Author – Silvia lemon
Preparation Time – 22 minutes
Cooking Duration – 08 minutes
Total Time Taken – 30 minutes
Category – Weight loss salad
Cuisine – American
Diet – Non-Veg
- One lb chicken breasts (two large), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- Half tsp garlic salt or according to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- One Tbsp cooking oil
- One head of romaine lettuce, (8 cups chopped) rinsed and dried
- Two pears, cored and sliced
- One cup of dried cranberries
- One cup of pecans, lightly toasted on a dry skillet
- Half cup feta cheese (4 oz), crumbled
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
- Three Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- One Tbsp Dijon mustard
- One garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- Half a cup of regular olive oil also works
- One fourth tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
(Read More – Fancy Chicken Weight Loss Salad Recipe)
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise so you have four thin cutlets. Season chicken cutlets on both sides with garlic salt and black pepper. Place a large skillet over medium heat with one Tbsp olive oil. Add chicken cutlets and sautee four minutes per side or until fully cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and let chicken rest while preparing the salad then slice the chicken into strips.
- Meanwhile, in a medium dry skillet, toast pecans over medium heat for five minutes, tossing frequently or until pecans are fragrant and lightly golden. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped romaine, sliced pears, dried cranberries, toasted pecans, crumbled feta and cooked sliced chicken.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small jar. Cover with lid and shake vigorously to combine. If any separation occurs, shake again just before using. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the salad, adding it to taste then toss to combine.