This flavorful, simple, and light broccoli salad! Crunchy, sweet, and deliciously flavorful bits.
This is the perfect side dish for people who want to eat healthily while yet savoring every taste because the whole yogurt is used in place of mayo.
|Preparation Time||05 minutes|
|Cooking Duration||10 minutes|
|Total Time||15 minutes|
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 tsp stevia or granulated sugar of choice
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp MCT oil optional
- 1/3 cup chopped red cabbage
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or 3 drops of lemon essential oil
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion or 2 tbsp of chopped shallot
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup toasted, slice almonds
- 1/2 cup whole fat, plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
(Make another Recipe – Low Carb, Vegan and Gluten Free Cucumber Tomato Salad)
How to Make the Broccoli Salad
Chop the broccoli, onion, and cabbage, then combine them in a bowl. A food processor makes this task simple, about 5 seconds-10 seconds.
In a small bowl, combine the plain yogurt, lemon, rice vinegar, salt, pepper, stevia, and MCT oil.
Sliced almonds should be lightly toasted in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Turn off the heat after the food has browned and set it aside.
Finally, drizzle the salad with the dressing and whisk in the nuts. Serve after letting it sit in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.