A wonderful departure from some of the heavier dinners is this hearty summer veggie salad. Freshness in its purest form is always appreciated here!
For this dish, we’ll chop up some vibrant vegetables and combine them with a zingy garlic dressing to make a quick and satisfying light salad.
For a heartier salad, you can easily alter it by adding cooked pasta or grains.
|Preparation Time||13 minutes|
|Cooking Duration||17 minutes|
|Total Time||30 minutes|
- 1 English cucumber chopped – about 2 cups
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper – chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Handful grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2–3 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 medium lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon or stoneground mustard
- 1–2 tablespoons water
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper or lemon pepper, to taste
(Make another Recipe – Delight your family by making Creamy Broccoli Pasta in Just 10 Minutes)
How to make Chopped Vegetable Salad
Mix all of the dressing’s components together in a small bowl before setting it aside.
Add the cucumber, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onion to a large bowl. Vegetables are coated by adding sauce and gently tossing.
Enjoy at room temperature or place in the fridge for a few hours.
You can eat salad by itself or over a bed of leafy greens or whole-wheat pasta.
In an airtight container, leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 to 6 days.