|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Duration||10 minutes|
|Total Time taken||20 minutes|
|Category||Weight loss salad|
Ingredients for salad
- Three oz fresh baby spinach, (4 cups lightly packed)
- Four Tbsp fresh lemon juice, from one large lemon
- One garlic clove, sliced
- Three avocados (medium), Two for dressing, One for salad
- twelve oz rotini pasta
- One cup froze sweet peas, (half of a 10 oz bag of Bird’s Eye)
- One cup frozen corn, (half of a 10 oz bag of Bird’s Eye )
- Two cups of baby tomatoes halved
- One tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
(Make another recipe – Chicken Caesar Pasta Weight Loss Salad)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions – I cooked twelve oz pasta in four Quarts water with one Tbsp salt and boiled it for ten min.
- About four min before the pasta is done cooking, add frozen peas and corn and cook for four min until veggies are crisp-tender. Rinse under running cold water to chill pasta. Drain well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor or blender, combine half of the spinach, two quartered avocados, four Tbsp lemon juice, one sliced garlic clove, one tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Pulse until blended then add remaining spinach and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add avocado dressing to the pasta bowl along with sliced tomatoes and the remaining sliced avocado. Toss salad together until evenly coated. Season to taste with more salt and black pepper.