|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Duration||10 minutes|
|Cool tortellini||30 minutes|
|Total Time taken||50 minutes|
|Category||Weight loss salad|
Ingredients for salad
- Twenty oz four cheese tortellini
- Eight oz cherry tomatoes
- One large cucumber washed and peeled
- One small red onion
- One red bell pepper
- Six oz banana peppers drained
- Six oz pitted black olives drained
- Five oz crumbled Feta cheese
- Half a cup canola or vegetable oil
- Two lemons juice only
- Two tbsp white wine vinegar
- Two tbsp fresh minced dill weed
- Two tbsp fresh minced parsley
- One tsp oregano
- Half tsp fresh cracked black pepper
(Make another Recipe – Broccoli Cauliflower Weight Loss Salad Recipe)
- Cook tortellini according to the package instructions, drain and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Slice cucumber, onions, and bell pepper. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and olives can be cut in half too. Add all the cut vegetables, Feta cheese, and banana peppers to a large mixing bowl with the cooled tortellini. Gently mix it all together.
- To make the dressing, combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, pressed garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper together in a jar with a lid. Close the lid tight and shake it very well.
- Pour dressing all over the salad and mix well. If some of the tortellini is stuck together, it should come apart once mixed with the dressing. You can gently pull it apart once it’s mixed as well.
- Store in a closed container, in the refrigerator, until ready to serve.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 845 mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fibre: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Vitamin C: 60.8mg | Calcium: 224 mg | Iron: 2.8mg