With sweet corn and hatch chiles in the winter season, I wanted to take advantage of these veggies and showcase them together in this delicious salad.
So without further ado, let’s get to it!
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Duration||10 minutes|
|Total Time||25 minutes|
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed, or 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 2 corn off the cob, canned or frozen
- 1 avocado, sliced
- A handful of mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion
- A handful of grape tomatoes halved
- lime wedges, to serve
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Cilantro sprigs, to serve
- 1 batch Hatch Chile Dressing, or see notes for Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
(Make another Recipe – 1000 Calorie Diet Plan (Is It Good For Weight Loss))
How to make Butternut Squash Salad
Fresh corn on the cob has a sweet, pleasant flavor by nature. I prefer to eat the corn straight from the cob.
There is no need to heat or cook it; it is wonderful as is. Use canned sweet corn in place of fresh if corn isn’t in the season where you live.
You can serve black beans heated or at room temperature.
After the salad has been put together and the ingredients have been prepared, sprinkle the dressing on top and enjoy!
And there you have it-a cool, flavorful salad that is also filling and healthy.