Author – Silvia lemon
Preparation Time – 18 minutes
Cooking Duration – 12 minutes
Total Time Taken – 30 minutes
Category – Weight loss salad
Cuisine – American
Diet – Non-Veg
Ingredients For the Panzanella Salad:
- Six oz crusty bread*, (1/2 loaf) cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- Two Tbsp cooking oil/ olive oil
- 1/8 tsp any salt
- Two lbs ripe tomatoes, cut into small wedges or bite-sized pieces
- Eight oz fresh mozzarella halved mozzarella pearls
- Half medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Half cup basil leaves, (about 22 leaves), coarsely chopped, plus more to garnish
Ingredients For the Vinaigrette Dressing:
- Half cup cooking oil/olive oil
- One-fourth cup of red wine vinegar
- Two garlic cloves, grated
- Half tsp salt according to salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
(Read More – Fancy Chicken Weight Loss Salad Recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Place bread in a bowl, and sprinkle with two Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bake for 12 minutes until toasted then set aside to cool. Edges should be golden brown and crisp and the centers should be fully dried through.
- In a bowl, mix vinaigrette dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Set it aside for the flavors to meld while you prepare the rest of your salad ingredients.
- Add the remaining Panzanella salad ingredients into the same mixing bowl you used for the bread. Add the cooled bread. About 10-15 minutes before serving, sprinkle on the dressing, adding it to taste. Toss the salad gently to combine.
Use sturdy bread like Ciabatta or Sourdough and your croutons will be less likely to get soggy.