|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Total Time Taken||15 minutes|
|Category||Weight loss salad|
Ingredients for salad
- One pint of grape tomatoes – sliced in half
- One fresh English cucumber – sliced
- One small red onion – thinly sliced
Dressing for salad
- Half cup olive oil
- One-fourth cup of balsamic vinegar
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- One teaspoon sugar
- One teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- One tablespoon of minced garlic
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- Half teaspoon cracked pepper
(Make another recipe – Classic Macaroni Weight Loss Salad Recipe)
- Place fresh tomatoes, fresh cucumbers, and chopped onions in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using a whisk, blend until well mixed. Pour dressing over tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Mix salad.
- Can be served immediately or stored in the fridge, covered for up to TWO days.
- If making the salad ahead of serving, use half of the dressing to toss the salad and reserve half to add in later.